Blog

Favorites

About Me

Couponing is fun... and profitable!

Be sure to check back often for the latest and greatest deals in lower Westchester County, New York.

Thanks for Visiting,
Vinny

You Can Lead Your Folks to the Water...

Thursday, July 30, 2009 - - 0 Comments

...but I guess you really can't make them drink. Or clip coupons.

I was talking to my Mom on the phone the other night and, being Italian, of course one of the things we love talking about is food! Shop Rite was running a sale on wild lobster from Argentina for $5.99 a pound and since Josh and I had just returned from a trip we made to Cape Cod for a wedding the week before -- we wanted some!

Since it was a great week at Shop Rite (I also scored probably the last of this year's fresh cherries for $.99 a pound!) I wanted to see what kind of deals the 'rents were getting at Publix. I'd heard stories about magical triple coupons so I was very interested. Do you know that my parents DO NOT clip coupons? I suppose you have to know my parents a little but let's just say that they are NOT SHY about saving money. Shocking. When I asked why, they explained that they felt like the return wasn't worth the time and energy.

Anyway, that got me thinking. And they are right -- sort of. I guess couponing is a little daunting at first -- kind of like trying to play Soduku without the instructions -- but once you get the hang of it, the whole process is easy to understand and it is honestly thrilling each time you get to pay $.15 for something that the person standing in front of you in line might pay as much as $4.59 (true story!) for the same thing.

SO... what about you? Do you have anyone in your life that should be couponing but for whatever reason isn't? What can you say to these people to change their minds?!? Please feel free to leave a comment for everyone to enjoy!

This entry was posted on 12:16 PM and is filed under Coupons , Publix , Shop Rite . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: